Prawns with Garlic and Lemon
This is a quick and easy prawn tapas dish using fresh prawns cooked very quickly in olive oil, garlic and a good squeeze of lemon juice.These tasty garlic prawns are a perfect mid-week meal, served on toasted bread with a side salad. The secret to making tasty garlic and lemon prawns is to flash cook the prawns in very hot oil, making sure you don’t overcook them and adding the fried garlic slices, parsley and lemon juice right at the end just before you serve them.
- 12 king prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- ½ lemon
- ½ tbsp of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic and fry until lightly brown. Drain the garlic and set aside.
- In the same oil, add the prawns and cook for about three minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the fried garlic, chopped parsley and squeeze the lemon and stir well.
- Season with salt and serve straightaway, the prawns need to be sizzling hot!