Sales & Customer Service Manager OTE £33,000 p.a.
We are a premium Spanish food and drink importer, wholesaler and ecommerce business based in West Yorkshire. We are currently expanding our team and are on the lookout for a Sales and Customer Service Manager with real passion for food, people and service.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Passionate about sales and helping people? This is the perfect role for a foodie with real passion for customer care and engagement. As a sales and customer service manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of the sales office. Managing a team of sales advisors, you will be expected to drive the overall business through both proactive and reactive sales, building customer relationships and promoting the Basco brand whilst ensuring our standards of customer service and engagement are maintained at the highest level. We are looking for someone who is confident, enthusiastic and driven with a fantastic sales track record.
- Monitoring the Sales and Customer Services team in their day-to-day activities ensuring that your team answer all calls, respond to all requests made by customers, and provide resolution to issues in a timely manner.
- Managing team against forthcoming and current workload.
- Developing new business by generating new leads, making outbound calls and conducting face to face meetings.
- Driving the team forward and creating a clear, refined performance model and sales goal.
- Holding weekly meetings to monitor KPIs so you can support adequately.
- Maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients.
- Dealing with more advanced sales and customer queries, offering product knowledge and support.
- Manage and resolve complex customer requests, complaints or escalations, and ensure corrective action is identified and embedded within processes.
- Identify areas for improvement and drive improvement initiatives.
- Work closely with the Warehouse Manager and team to understand lead times and any potential changes to customer orders
- Work closely with logistics and 3rd parties to plan dispatch and delivery of orders in line with order fulfilment levels
- Producing weekly and monthly reports for senior management regarding sales figures, new customers, account production, order errors, customer complaints and troubleshooting.
- Providing ongoing training and support to existing team members by conducting monthly one-to-one meetings and creating individual development plans.
- Ensuring in-house systems are kept up to date at all times.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You will have proven and demonstrable experience of working in a fast-paced customer service and sales management environment role.
- A track record of sales achievements is essential for this role.
- Management and leadership experience is essential.
- Strong communication skills with a confident telephone manner and the ability to build a quick rapport with the customers.
- Able to demonstrate good listening, negotiation and organisational skills.
- Excellent administration skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office programmes.
- A quick learner, adapting to the changing nature of the role as the company expands.
- Team player, great at building strong, trusted relationships with a hunger to deliver results.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Basic salary of £28,000 with OTE up to £33,600
- 28 days holiday p.a. including bank holidays (holiday entitlement will increase with length of service, up to 33 days)
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Company pension
- Employee discounts
- On-site parking
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating why you are the best person for the role to email@example.com