Job Vacancy - Delivery Driver and Warehouse Assistant £8.40ph
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Delivery Driver and Warehouse Assistant working five days per week, 8 hours per day. The ideal candidate will assist the warehouse operations by carrying out multi drop van deliveries, daily picking, packing and dispatching of other orders, assisting on the receipt of orders from suppliers, as well as helping out on closing and cleaning down procedures.
The ideal candidate:
- Full UK Driving Licence (no more than 6 points)
- Good knowledge of local area
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- High degree of safety awareness
- Adaptable to change
- Map out route from A – Z
Good understanding and knowledge of Spanish food and drink would be highly desirable, however full product training will be given. We are looking for a people’s person, someone who has the commitment to deliver amazing customer service, have careful driving skills, attention to detail and organisational skills. This role is a varied role which will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Driving 3.5t refrigerated transit vans
- Delivering orders to both businesses and households
- Ensuring the vehicle is driven in a safe and courteous manner
- Lifting and carrying orders
- Organising and planning of own route
- Flexible i.e. may be required to start and finish at different times
- Available to work overtime when requested
- Follow the correct delivery procedures
- Motorway and urban driving
- Driving up to 200 miles per day
- Working between 8-9 hours per day
Basco is an importer of fine food and drink from Spain, offering customers in the UK one of the most exciting catalogues of Spanish rare wines, trendy spirits and liqueurs, Spanish hams and charcuterie, award winning cheeses and many more gourmet and deli products exclusive to Basco. Our customer base encompasses a broad range of sectors both at local and national level. We also sell our products online for retail customers across the UK.
The warehouse operation is a fast paced active role and we are looking for someone who has previously worked in a similar environment and can manage a challenging and varied role. Full product training will be given. We are looking for someone with strong organisational skills, who is passionate about food and wine with a general can-do attitude and who wants to grow and develop their role within the company.
In return, we offer:
- A friendly working environment through an open and honest culture.
- £8.40 per hour
- 20 days holiday per annum (holiday entitlement will increase with length of service).
- Workplace Pension.
- Staff discount on all Basco products.
- Product training and tastings.
- Career progression and development.
Please contact us on 01937 845 767 or send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com