We are a premium Spanish food and drink importer, wholesaler and ecommerce business based in West Yorkshire. We are currently expanding our team and are on the lookout for a full-time warehouse supervisor with supervisory experience within an ecommerce warehouse environment. The ideal candidate will be someone who can come straight into the business and slot into a busy warehouse environment with confidence, ability and expertise to be responsible for ensuring all deliveries are sent in full and on time, packaged and labelled correctly and safely.
Operating out of a 8,000 sq. ft warehouse, processing circa 1,000 customer orders per week. You will need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment alongside a keen eye for detail, as you will have responsibility for ensuring that the correct items are sent, impeccably packaged, to tight deadlines.
Working under the office manager, you will supervise up to 10 staff and oversee general warehouse deadlines including stock control, packaging replenishment, processing of returns, assisting with picking and packing where needed and general warehouse keeping. We are a fast-growing business, so the role can lead to a warehouse manager position for the candidate with the scope and ability to take on the complexities of the job.
This role is a varied operational role which will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Managing the inflow of all ecommerce and wholesale orders ensuring the correct staffing levels against business demand.
- Ensuring all daily picking, packing, and shipping of ecommerce and wholesale orders are fulfilled for the correct delivery dates.
- Staff supervision, induction, and training.
- Set teams expectations daily/weekly and communicate all relevant aspects of fulfilment and any key initiatives.
- KPI management.
- Competent in the use of Windows Office Packages and WMS Systems.
- Management, ordering and reporting of non-stock items i.e. packaging, stationery etc.
- Liaising with all third-party delivery companies on a daily basis to ensure all orders are serviced on a timely manner and any logistical challenges are resolved.
- Control of weekly van deliveries, ensuring all routes are pre-planned; minimum orders are met by all customers whilst keeping fuel costs within established guidelines.
- Liaising with delivery drivers on a daily basis to ensure all orders are serviced on a timely manner, any logistical challenges are resolved, and van locations are regularly monitored.
- Receipt and processing of all incoming orders, ensuring quantities against delivery notes are correct, product quality is assessed, health and safety paperwork is completed and all stock lines are stored correctly.
- Weekly control of stock levels to ensure all product lines are on par with required quantities.
- Ensuring stock quantities are correctly logged into the warehouse system, which making regular checks of the website product availability against stock levels.
- Monthly stock take, stock reconciliation and reporting.
- Ensure all stock wastage is kept to a minimum by effectively rotating all product lines, keeping all products use by dates under regular checks and providing customers with sale offers on products that are close to their use by.
Health & Safety
- Understand relevant H&S legislation and the implications on the business, taking action as required.
- Ensure a safe workplace by identifying hazards and taking corrective action.
- Ensuring all daily and weekly cleaning tasks in the warehouse are completed and signed.
- Ensuring all daily temperature records for the warehouse are completed and signed.
- Ensuring all van delivery temperature records are completed and signed.
- Ensuring all temperature records of all incoming goods are accounted for, vehicle temperature prints are obtained and all paperwork is completed and filed accordingly.
- Daily checks of refrigerated and ambient product lines to ensure quality condition, use by dates and product rotation is in place.
- Ensuring all health and safety paperwork is completed and filed accordingly.
- Regular reviews of the food safety policy and HACCP plan, ensuring all employees are trained and understand all safety procedures.
The above range of duties whilst not exhaustive, give a clear indication of the job description that the Warehouse Supervisor role involves. However, the role will also require the employee to carry out any other duties that may be required in order to effectively perform their job.
- 2 years in a similar role
- Some experience of WMS systems or equivalent
- Excel and word
- Staff supervision and training
- Stock management
- Picking and packing in an e-commerce environment
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Performance bonus
- Company pension
- Employee discounts
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday job
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating why you are the best person for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org