We are a premium Spanish food and drink importer, wholesaler and ecommerce business based in West Yorkshire. We are currently expanding our team and are on the lookout for an operations manager with proven success in the FMCG wholesale and ecommerce sector.
This is a senior role reporting directly to the managing director. You will be overall in charge of the day-to-day operations and running of the business, providing the highest level of customer service and satisfaction. You will be responsible for Sales, Profit, Customer Service, Purchasing, Marketing and Promotions, Staff Management and Health and Safety.
This role is a varied operational role which will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Increasing the sales and profitability of the wholesale operations by introducing new initiatives to increase new customer accounts and increase average customer spend.
- Driving and maintaining the E-Commerce operations.
- You will be the interface between commercial development and the operation, ensuring a smooth service and focusing on operational scalability.
- Managing and motivating key managers and general staff.
- Staff recruitment and training.
- Taking a customer centric view and thinking of creative ways to add value to the customer.
- Building and managing the stock management systems, merchandising
- Driving and maintaining promotional campaigns.
- Implementing company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring Health & Safety is always the number one priority.
The above range of duties whilst not exhaustive, give a clear indication of the job description that the Operations Manager role involves. However, the role will also require the employee to carry out any other duties that may be required in order to effectively perform their job.
The Successful Applicant
- Evidence of working with a B2B and B2C business that you have significantly grown.
- Experience of working in an e-fulfilment environment is essential.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Positive leadership style is a must with experience in recruiting, managing and motivating staff.
- IT literate, with sound forecasting and strong analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, committed, highly organised and efficient.
- Passion and drive to succeed, challenging performance in a positive way.
In Return We Offer
- Performance bonus up to 20% salary
- Company pension
- Employee discounts
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday job
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating why you are the best person for the role to email@example.com